May maybe? Resort reports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vannsbtch

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Me again.

Were looking into going down in May. We usually go every year but our house burnt down this past Christmas and we are just now getting everything back together. So looking at May.

We drink more than dive. With that being said we always do AI. Anyone go recently and not like one, or did you like one better? etc. We have stayed at Secrets, Sabor, and Occidental. Been there 6 or 7 times. Seems every year the resorts change management, or something. So just looking for recent feedback.

I am also checking out tripadvisor and cozumelmycozumel sites/forums.

Thanks All!!!

We had been going every year to the Grand since it opened but June 2014 was the last trip we will do with them. AC was just about none existent through all the resort. The grounds have steadily improved over the years but most else has steadily degraded.

Don't forget the North Hotel zone. They have a much better environment than down south, nice beaches, and tranquility. Plus if you should choose to dive and/or drink with Aldora you each get a free bike for your entire stay. Use the bikes for a short cruise into town or just enjoying getting out on the safe and beautiful bike path. That plus loading your dive boat up there makes for a delightful stay. See the adjacent thread on "Why not the North Hotel Zone"

Dave Dillehay

Aldora Divers

thanks!

Yes we stayed at the Occidental too and we had the same problem with the air. We stayed there twice then stopped. Were not against going back if we knew it had gotten better.

One time we stayed at Sabor and loved it, the next time we hated it, then like 3 years later tried it again when it became Secrets and loved it.

I will check into North of the island. We love to dive but we dont do early am dives, and we dont dive every day. So I will look up the hotels up there.

we just stayed at Cozumel Palace 2 months ago. The room was very good, the other hotel ammenities are good. Bars and pools are nice. As part of the AI we drank wine with dinner (upgraded to premium wine with resort credits twice), cocktails at the pool after diving, and had pre/post dinner drinks with some very good bar tenders at the main bar. I love scotch, but wanted to learn tequilla so on a less busy night we did some tequilla tasting with the bartenders. We dove with Aldora who pick up on the hotel pier on the way south. It is walking distance to town if you want and Chedrui is across the street if you need something. Only real downside to the palace was that there is no real beach per se if that matters to you.

rick

we just stayed at Cozumel Palace 2 months ago. The room was very good, the other hotel ammenities are good. Bars and pools are nice. As part of the AI we drank wine with dinner (upgraded to premium wine with resort credits twice), cocktails at the pool after diving, and had pre/post dinner drinks with some very good bar tenders at the main bar. I love scotch, but wanted to learn tequilla so on a less busy night we did some tequilla tasting with the bartenders. We dove with Aldora who pick up on the hotel pier on the way south. It is walking distance to town if you want and Chedrui is across the street if you need something. Only real downside to the palace was that there is no real beach per se if that matters to you.

rick

Thanks! thats one of the ones we were kinda looking into

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom