May be heading to Whistler at the end of May.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rakjar

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone out there know of any diving near Whistler? Or, some good dive sites along the way to Whistler from Vancouver?

Many of the dive sites in Vancouver are between Vancouver and Whistler, along the Sea to Sky highway. Most of them are closer to Vancouver and Squamish, rather than Whistler.

They're all pretty good diving sites. Porteau Cove has a few wrecks and artificial reefs. Kelvin Grove has a ton of life, including many boot sponges and cloud sponges. Whytecliff Park is where many people go to train, and it has a few different dives that have lots of marine animals. These sites are generally named for the streets they're near, so they shouldn't be too hard to find.

If you buy the "151 Dives" book by Betty Pratt-Johnson (probably around $30), you can view all the information about these sites, as well as many others in BC and Washington. I don't think there are dive shops close by; there is one in Squamish, I think (Sea to Sky Ocean Sports). When I dove there, I filled up in Vancouver.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom