May AOW class in Austin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bigred177

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
i am trying to get some people together for an AOW class towards the middle of may. it would be an SSI cert. through Tom's Dive and Swim. this also includes Stress and Rescue with it. the price started at $475 but drops $25 for every other person that enrolls. there are three of us right now so that knocks $50 off so far. also, we can split the cost of books so it would be however many people sign up into however much they cost. let me know if you are interested or have any questions. we can have a max of 8 so i will keep everyone updated. this is in austin and will be done at lake travis
thank you

Been there and done both those classes. You will have a great time. Tom's is a very good choice for a dive shop in Austin!

here is a tentative schedule of what will be going on.

Thursday, May 8th - 5:00 p.m. - deep and night diving, navigation on surface
Saturday, May 10th - 9:00 a.m. - navigation under water, search and recovery, computer
Sunday, May 11th - 9:00 a.m. - navigation and search and recovery (optional Mother's Day)
Tuesday, May 13th - 5:00 p.m - deep and night diving
Thursday, May 15th 5:00 p.m. - deep and night diving
Friday, May 16th - 12:00 p.m.- diving for fun (may see about renting a boat and going out on the lake)
Sunday, May 18th 9:00 a.m. - stress and rescue

there will also be more diving on the days we are not having actual instruction just to get the dive count up.

Best wishes on finding others to join you---always nice saving a few dollars!

Have fun and enjoy Travis.

:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom