May 20, 2012 Youbou Mill (Cowichan Lake) photos/report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello Swankenstein
Next time your on your way to Yobu drop by cobble hill I will show you where to pick up logging equip.( double blade axe, PV's etc. ) in Cow Lake.
Pugwis

Amazing shots of the trout Mark, were they spooked by you or did you use the wizard's staff to put them under a spell?

Amazing shots of the trout Mark, were they spooked by you or did you use the wizard's staff to put them under a spell?
They actually seemed to be interested in me. I only saw a few, but most of them would circle me about 10 feet away. The one that came almost up to the dome port of my camera was the one with the lamprey on it. I don't know if it was weakened by it or if it couldn't be bothered to swim away with the extra drag. I tried to summon them as my minions with the ancient wizard's staff that I found, but they mocked me and said it was just some kind of flagpole.

Oh.. the sculpin were there. They were watching you.

Deep lakes always seem like tombs to me. They hold their history in silent stillness and measure time in millenia.

Excellent report and pictures, thank you for sharing.

Interesting. Worked at Caycuse in the early 70's as a logger (a very short term job - chokerman is a nasty job at the best of times but when it snows it is ridiculously dangerous). Recall speculating at that time re how much recoverable wood was in the lake as a lot of wood was dumped into the lake at Caycuse for delivery by water to this mill. We figured that there would be some significant logs on the bottom and as it was fresh water the wood might be recoverable.

Brings back some old memories.

Back
Top Bottom