MaxSeaVision™ Filter (yellow) lense

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kai

New
Reaction score
Considering The MaxSeaVision™ Filter (yellow) lense for use in low light / cold water. (in a SeaVision Ultra mask) Does anyone have opinions about/experience with this lenses? Do they work?

I just ordered one this morning, so I haven't used it myself, but I will definitely let you know once I get it and try it out. I know many divers that use the SeaVision Color Correcting Lens (magenta/pink one) and they really like it. I think the filtered lens would do me better since I dive in low visibility conditions quite a bit. I did try on the mask itself already and really like the fit. Right now I have the Ocean Master Equalizer Z1 and the Z2, which I like, but wanted to try something without a purge valve which both those masks have.

doesn't entirely apply, but...

I have Oakley M-Frame sunglasses, with two lenses: VR28 for daytime and the "High-Intensity Yellow" for other applications. Originally I purchased it for eye protection while playing racquet sports, but have found it extremely useful for driving at dusk.

During low light conditions, it changes the shadows to bring out the highlights, allowing better vision (despite taking ~8% of the light away) all-round.

I imagine that the similar principle would work underwater, however experience has shown that there is a very fine line between helping and hindering. During the twilight hours, it seems to move from helpful to harmful within the span of a couple minutes.

Just my experience with that sort of filtered lens. As long as you know whether you're within the range of available light, then it will work... but if you're talking about augmenting very little light, you'll want to stick with as clear as you can get... you don't want to take any of that light away!

Well I just tried out my new mask this past weekend and I liked it. The mask is very comfortable which is always a plus! As far as improving the visibility in the quarry, I would say it was an improvement, but not a very drastic one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom