Maui Trip Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jmart64

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My wife and I just returned from a week on Maui and had a fantastic trip. We stayed in a condo at Papakea just north of Kaanapali and the place was really nice. We also had great weather the whole time and were able to get some great dives in. The only problem we had was with the wildfire that prevented us from getting back to our room one night, but we were able to get a room in Kihei and get back the next morning.

Diving: We spent 3 days diving with B&B around Molikini and off of Kihei. They were a fantastic group to dive with and made sure that my wife and I got to see as much as possible in our time with them. Special thanks to Brad, Blesi, Stan, and Leo for some great diving!

We also spent a day with Extended Horizons diving with Maren and Victoria at Lanai. They were also an excellent group to dive with and Maren went out of her way to make sure our experience was great.

We also rented a few tanks and did shore dives at Kapalua Bay and Black Rock, which turned out to be really nice dives as well.

Overall, we had a great trip and were fortunate enough to get some really good diving in. Thanks again to both dive companies! We look forward to our next trip.

I have tried to upload a few pictures from our dives, but I keep getting a message saying the upload failed. If anyone has any suggestions they would be appreciated.

Joe and Julie Gibson

Does sound like a great trip. I'm glad that you got to see the beauties of Molikini.

Out of curiosity, and since people will be researching on this site, how competitive did you find B&B's prices? (please share as much detail as you're comfortable with)

I believe that at $109 for a 2-tank trip that B&B is one of the cheapest (if not THE cheapest) boat charters on Maui.

DiveMaven:
I believe that at $109 for a 2-tank trip that B&B is one of the cheapest (if not THE cheapest) boat charters on Maui.
I'd go with them if they were the most expensive.

Glad you had a good time and thanks for the report!

(great to see your name pop up <<<<<Al>>>>> :D )

justleesa:
Glad you had a good time and thanks for the report!

(great to see your name pop up <<<<<Al>>>>> :D )
I've been stalking, I'll stick to the friendly ohanas I think :)

Lisa The Amadons were at a local dive site last weekend so their son James could dive with us. They are still raving about you and Roger. Dave Herbert also thinks you guys are the best. He's assisting me with my current class.

Thanks Al, I'm so happy to hear they enjoyed themselves :) Say Hi for me! Our computer died and I lost their (your's and lots of others) email addi's...:( So? you gonna be here in October?

To be honest, I never even checked out the pricing before I made reservations with them. I used them because they were pretty highly recommended on the board. As it turns out I think they are one of the less expensive outfits, but I would dive with them again even if that were not the case

Joe

justleesa:
Thanks Al, I'm so happy to hear they enjoyed themselves :) Say Hi for me! Our computer died and I lost their (your's and lots of others) email addi's...:( So? you gonna be here in October?
Mine is lazyboy249@aol.com but I won't be there in Oct, I'll be going directly to Maui instead. Our trip to Truk is off sadly but a month on Maui will help me heal.

I'll send you the Amadons when I get to the shop.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom