Maui Trip Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jduhamel

Registered
Reaction score
Well for the first time in about 3 yrs I returned to diving Maui. I had been sucked into the wonderful diving that was Kona/Big Island. Since I had had some great experiences with Big Island Divers I was wondering what to expect in Maui. Well. Wow did I get lucky.

I did about 25 dives while I was there. Started with B&B Scuba. Did a Molokini and Marty's reef with them. What a great outfit. Brad did a phenomenal job getting us out of the harbor and into the water quickly. Great Dive briefs. Dove with Stan on the first dive. Very relaxed and knowledgable. During the surface Interval had some of the best chocolate chip cookies I've ever had. Did the second dive with Blessi, (The second B in B&B) and was a very relaxed photo trip around Marty's reef. Must say I was extremely impressed with B&B but that only increased once I brought them my daughter to help certify.

Turns out my Daughter had a bit of a fish phobia but B&B worked with me and her and got her comfortable and in the water. I can't say enough about the wonderful care and support they gave during the learning sessions. Turns out she needs some more time so we will definitely be back. Was an amazing trip and a ton of fun and B&B was a great help. Sorry for raving but it was great.

Did a 3 Tank back wall dive on Molokini saw a great school of grey's cruizing by. Got a chance to take some good wall macro shots. Need some help with the focusing though. Dove St. Anthonies. Molokini Vis was good around 90-120' but inshore was a bit murkier. Water was warm at 78 and just had a ton of fun.

-Joe

Glad you enjoyed your visit and that the diving was good. Aint the back wall awsome?

my wife and I will be trying out B&B thurs Aug 10th and cannot wait!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom