Maui PB4Y photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kidspot

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I found some beautiful shots at Ed Robinsons website PB4Y Bomber - Maui Wreck Dive but they were so small that you couldn't see any detail. Anyone know of larger images they've come across of this dive site?

Anyone here dive it before? I've only met one diver on the island who has dove it so far (Brad over at B&B) and know Ed R. has by his website.

Aloha, Tim

Tim,

Steve @ Maklena Coast Charters has done this dive at least a few times and did video of a it few years back; I believe for Nat. Geo. I've been trying to talk him into doing it one more time - without much luck. It's about a mile off the Pali in 195 FSW. I REALLY wanna do this one and I've been doing deep dives in prep; working my way down. If you can get anyone to take you there let me know.

M

It's one of my diving goals, but at the moment I just wanted to see some pics (Video would be nice too) to satiate my curiosity :)

Wonder if it's in scooter range :wink:

Tim,

When and if you are ready/do plan on doing this dive (and knowing that your mindset and mine are similar), please let me know. I'll gladly bring myself, and some other like-minded divers from Oahu over to partake...even if it means I have to spend a week on the couch at my house...:)

Howard, please be safe...we like that smiling avatar picture of yours around here.

Sherm

I'd maybe even pack my bags to do that dive...

Mark (Howard4113) has received a standing off from me as safety diver -- I'll stick to the 100-130' range, and will hopefully still be able to see it. :)

Tim: I don't think it's scooterable... it's a small target that would need at least a mile (probably more once you found an entry point) of a scooter run. Then the return trip. Sadly, this one is a boat-only dive.

Tim,

When and if you are ready/do plan on doing this dive (and knowing that your mindset and mine are similar), please let me know. I'll gladly bring myself, and some other like-minded divers from Oahu over to partake...even if it means I have to spend a week on the couch at my house...:)

Sherm
me too! me too! :eyebrow:

I found some beautiful shots at Ed Robinsons website PB4Y Bomber - Maui Wreck Dive but they were so small that you couldn't see any detail. Anyone know of larger images they've come across of this dive site?

Anyone here dive it before? I've only met one diver on the island who has dove it so far (Brad over at B&B) and know Ed R. has by his website.

Aloha, Tim

Hi Tim,
Here are some newer (not necessarily better) photos of the bomber that I took. Unfortunatey, the elements have not been kind to it. There was strong current when we were there in 2005. I would imagine that would explain the rapid deterioration of the wreck. Also, it is 60 something years old. Brad was there again in March 2006 doing some technical training and he said it was about the same. :wink:

DSC08064sml.jpg

DSC08063sml.jpg

DSC08062sml.jpg

DSC08057sml.jpg

DSC08055sml.jpg

DSC08053sml.jpg

DSC08051sml.jpg

DSC08049sml.jpg

DSC08047sml.jpg

DSC08039sml.jpg

Back
Top Bottom