maui in august

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cba191

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
i will be there in august, and was hoping for info on what i might expect. i will essentially be travelling alone, so will not have a buddy and such. i am working on my certification now, so i will not be overly experienced. i am a schmuck and care only about having a good time. if the people around me have a good time too, that is their own fault.:light: i want to see mantas. i have loved them since i was 5 i think. if that happens, i can spend the rest of my dives in a bathtub and be happy. (whale sharks, giant squids, and undersea alien civilization sightings would also be cool too)

thanks,
ben

In the patch I was taught this phrase, hold one hand out and want in it, hold the other between your cheeks and see which one fills up first.

Except for the squid, which we don't have, winter is the best time to see or hear those things.

halemano:
In the patch I was taught this phrase, hold one hand out and want in it, hold the other between your cheeks and see which one fills up first.

Except for the squid, which we don't have, winter is the best time to see or hear those things.
ROFL!

Of course, it's a big ocean... it is *technically* possible that any of the above will decide to show up.

Then again, it's technically possible a cow could learn to drive an automobile.

Most of the time, I'll offer to go diving with someone who's here buddy-less. Not sure I'm too keen on diving with someone who only wants himself to have a good time, with little concern for his buddies.

My suggestion: book a few charters with Maui Dive Shop or Scuba Shack.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom