Maui April 27th-May 12 (looking for a buddy for shore)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kwest123

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello everyone. New to Scubaboard. Just getting back into diving. I am going to be in Maui (from Seattle) April 27th - May 12 and looking to see if anyone needs a buddy for some mellow shore diving. Looking to shoot some photos. I have done a ton of snorkeling there and pretty familiar with most of the sites. I will be snorkeling a lot while there but wanted to get a few shore dives in. Thanks!
Keith

Haha also from Seattle, born in edmonds currently living in the tri-cities... I will be in Ka'anapali may 3-10 and am looking to do some shore dives... where are you staying? If you would wanna meet up for some dives up by me I'm game..

Maui Dreams Dive Co. used to have a buddy sign up sheet. I think you can even call and get added to it prior to arrival.

Sounds great. I was just reading about "mala pier". Familiar?
I have snorkeled off Mala pier before but that is it... have you been there before Keith? Mala Pier was the one site I was thinking of hiring a guide to dive with... never seen sharks in the wild and heard there are a few local white tips that are usually around... top 3 shore dives for me would be Mala pier, Black rock and Honolua bay, but am open to others.

I have snorkeled black rock and Honolula bay multiple times. Both awesome. From my experiences most pier dives r pretty simple. Surface swim to the end, descend and follow back to shore. Constant point of reference. I believe it's only 15-35ft deep? Plenty of time to find some white tips. I've heard it's a great place for taking photos! How is mala pier for snorkeling?

I have snorkeled black rock and Honolula bay multiple times. Both awesome. From my experiences most pier dives r pretty simple. Surface swim to the end, descend and follow back to shore. Constant point of reference. I believe it's only 15-35ft deep? Plenty of time to find some white tips. I've heard it's a great place for taking photos! How is mala pier for snorkeling?

When I was in Maui 3 years ago I didn't really know what was out there... So we mostly just checked out the rock formations to the left of pier and hung out on the beach/ watched sunset there. I'm going to be in Maui with family so won't have a ton of time to travel around, but if you're diving up in the Ka'anapali area May 4-9 let's plan a dive together! Here's my email hanberg6@gmail.com

I'll be in Maui April 29-May 4th and plan on hauling all my gear out with me as well if you are still looking for a buddy. Staying at the Kahana Villa in Lahaina.
herrmann.andy@gmail.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom