Mature Question - Proceed with Caution?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shellbird once bubbled...
Being a newbie, wasn't sure is this is advisable...

There's several threads on this subject. Search on "40 foot club" and "30 foot club". Without errrrrr "going too deeply" into the subject, I can tell you one thing, it's not terribly comfortable, particularly in salt water :)

Tom

WreckWriter once bubbled...

There's several threads on this subject. Search on "40 foot club" and "30 foot club". Without errrrrr "going too deeply" into the subject, I can tell you one thing, it's not terribly comfortable, particularly in salt water :)

Tom

Bragging now are we Tom?

Dr Deco

Given what appears to be lack of research on this subject, hence the difficulty in defining a fairly narrow margin for what is strenous activity. Can you provide some general guidelines on what can be considered strenous cardiovascular activity, aside from lifting weights.

For example, if I have to breath through my mouth as in running?
How about relaxed mouth breathing as in jogging?
A certain increase in pulse rate?

Given the myriad of activities possible what would you say is a good rule of thumb to use.

Thank you for all the good valuable info.

Peter

Dear Readers:

Activities

I would consider “strenuous” to be jogging but not walking. Climbing on board with all equipment is strenuous (but not walking). Moving around a bit is fine but not carrying scuba tanks.

Much of the concept is based on muscle activity as expressed in oxygen consumption. This is not a measure used in the everyday world. As a rule of thumb, we could probably say that if you did this activity for one minute and became tired, it is too much.

Dr Deco :doctor:

I think I read in the GUE book that sex after diving is dangerous and will get you KILLED!!!

According to the text, the only safe way to "Do It Right" after a dive, is talking dirty on the telephone.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom