Mature Question - Proceed with Caution?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

psinyc

Reaction score
I would think sex would be considered a strenuous activity - I guess depending on your partner :)

If this is the case, from a medical standpoint, is it not advisable to partake after a dive? How long should you refrain?

Thanks in advance for the professionalism.

What's going to get bent? :D

Are we talking type 1 or type 2?

Dear psinyc:

This is not a strenuous activity of the type that would generate tissue micronuclei. It would probably increase blood flow and assist in off gassing, and in this respect be quite beneficial.

In more than twenty years, that is my most unusual question – but pertinent.:rolleyes:

Dr Deco :doctor:

Dr Deco wrote:

This is not a strenuous activity of the type that would generate tissue micronuclei. It would probably increase blood flow and assist in off gassing, and in this respect be quite beneficial.

I was under the mistaken impression that all strenous exercise was to be avoided before and after diving. Will you please elaborate on which types of exercise are to be avoided and which, like sex, can actually help in off gassing.

Maybe we can have an off gassing orgy to replace the SI. Sorry I could'nt resist. :jester:

Dear Scuba:

Heavy physical activities

The bad activities with respect to micronuclei generation are those that involve lifting an object. That would include climbing ladders, lifting gas cylinders, moving heavy equipment, playing volleyball, and the like.

If you are actually carrying the other person, then we are in major activity
– and possibly even a little kinky. :mean:

Dr Deco : doctor:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom