Materials on DIY drysuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sbiriguda

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am curious about the design of drysuits
Did someone try to make his/her own drysuit?
Is there any reliable source you can link about this?
Thanks

Most drysuits started as copies from known brands like DUI , then analysing theirs failures ( crotch sewing , arm valve position , arms position (forward instead - classic down - santi ) , material elasticity and breathing properties , then well known problems with glue type and prepairing material surface for glue (ursuit ) ..... a tons of problems to solve in real life.

As you are from Italy search for AQUA3 in Trieste ( they make wetsuits , buoyncy compesators , drysuits and some killing rebreathers )

Thank you. What do you mean with killing rebreathers? o_O
By the way, nice link in your signature, like you say it's probably the best page about diving lights I have ever seen

Thanks , I must update pages but that needs time and a lot of patience.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was a few times with friends on visit that factory in some very old building to buy some neoprene and drysuit stuff without tax ;-)

They also made made Voyager rebreathers

ah now I see not AQUA3 but AQUA - TEK S.l.r. , after accidents they change name and move around

WEBDSCN0668.jpg

Aquatek
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FYI:

there were a few accident , 2 of them deadly for sure , I remember that one

Google Prevajalnik

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom