Mask with room for the schnozzola

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cornflaker

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi. I just finished my OW certification and I had an awful time finding a comfortable mask during the course. I went through 4 different masks and not a single one was right. The best one (sealing, comfort, etc.) smashed my nose and bent it to one side. Upon surfacing, I would have to manipulate my nose to bend it back to shape. Are there masks with more room to accomodate a bigger nose? I did not think that my nose was that big, but it was bg enough to cause a big problem for me.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

- corny

Cornflaker,

Rather than saying what you should try I would rather know what mask you've tried that didn't fit well. And if you could measure the length, width and height of your nose perhaps you'll be able to get a mask that would fit your nose easier.

SangP

Good point. I think I just need to go to a dive shop that has a big selection and try them all on. I do not remember the specific models that I tried during the course, but I did prefer the neoprene masks to the silicone ones.

Thanks for the input.

Cornflaker:
Hi. I just finished my OW certification and I had an awful time finding a comfortable mask during the course. I went through 4 different masks and not a single one was right. The best one (sealing, comfort, etc.) smashed my nose and bent it to one side. Upon surfacing, I would have to manipulate my nose to bend it back to shape. Are there masks with more room to accomodate a bigger nose? I did not think that my nose was that big, but it was bg enough to cause a big problem for me.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

- corny

Ocean Master Equalizer View 3 -- You won't believe how much room you have... and the built-in neoprene Q-Strap is gravy...

I have the same problem and I found the Aqualung look mask to be a perfect fit. I now have 3 of them so that I never have to be without one. Still using the same one for 5 years but you never know. Before that I had a scubapro trivent. They have lots of room but are discontinued. The old Aqualung triveiw 3 window mask also worked for me but they alas are no longer available either.
I don't know why they only seem to design masks for all these pug-nosed mutants:D

Back
Top Bottom