Mask system

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diver 85

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I've had a chance to see this mask first hand, but haven't dived it yet. I have a +1.5 reading glasses prescription and I could read the display just fine. As mask designs go it's kind of old school. By that I mean it's fairly square in shape and by no means low volume. My first concern was how heavy the mask is, but they tell me under water it's not noticeable. There is a little peripheral vision window on the left side, but because of the computer the right side is closed and therefore no right side vision.

My personal opinion is it's a nice idea, but for this kind of money I'd expect to see a more modern and ergonomic mask design. I'll wait for the second or third generation design and for the price to come more into a reasonable range. This is nothing more than a standard wireless air integrated computer(similiar to VT3, or ATOM 2.0) mounted inside a mask. It's reasonable to assume this mask should have an MSRP of no more than $850. Asking $1500 for this mask is just ridiculous.

I also got to play with the prototype a little. (not in a dive) The periphial vision didnt bother me too much. Like specmac said, a small low volume mask would be nice. It was nice, but I just cant justify the fifteen hundred dollars for a single gas no deco computer. When a later generation comes out or a different company integrates one of theirs into it for a cheap amount, I will get it. Until then, ill enjoy my uwatec and start saving for a liquivision or a VR3 when i need it a few years down the road.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom