Mask strap mounted light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MyronGanes

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm looking for reliable quality light that is mountable to my mask strap. Something that won't just fall off and something that I can possible detach and reattach if needed. Any recommendations??

I'm looking for reliable quality light that is mountable to my mask strap. Something that won't just fall off and something that I can possible detach and reattach if needed. Any recommendations??

This light might be exactly what you are looking for. The metal bracket which holds the light is quite robust - holding the light very firmly and it also attaches to the mask very securely.

This is a very small light using only one AAA battery and throws a well focus spot light. They're so small, you can easily use one on each side of the mask - and if you buy a pair, I discount the second light.

The switch is a very simple screw on cap which is probably more reliable than most push button switches. This light has an interesting feature as well - not sure if it was intentionally designed like this, but if you turn the light the light on before you enter the water and then unscrew the cap just enough to turn it off.... the light will "automatically" turn on as you reach a depth of around 30 plus feet. And it will turn off as well on ascent.

Of course if you screw the cap on all the way, the light will be on and switch will not be affected by water pressure.

MMDL-2T.jpg

Mini Dive Light | MAKO Spearguns

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom