Mask Squeeze

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I was diving this past sunday in Sicily and i have a mask squeeze. It started with water in my mask and i started clearing my mask as normal; this happen about 2-3 meters. when i decended to about 5m the mask squeeze started. I have no problem equilizing. I was wondering does any know what should someone do while under water to counter act a mask squeeze and what can be done to prevent it.

thanks

DIVE SAFE.

Just breath somewhat forcefully out your nose.
Sometimes you can pull the mask out as you breath out your nose if it is tight but after a while you'll get the hang of it.

Just breath somewhat forcefully out your nose.
@maresregulator: Actually, nose exhalation doesn't even need to be forceful at all.
Just do whatever you normally do to clear water from your mask. Repeat as necessary during descent. Easy fix.

Have fun diving...

Bubbletrubble is correct. Exhaling through your nose will stop masdk squeeze. If you clear a leaking mask you won't have a mask squeeze, unless you go deeper after you've cleared it. Maresregulator, prevention of mask squeeze is covered in all entry level classes. You might want to review your material to see what else you may have forgotten.

I was hoping "somewhat" would be the operational word; I suppose I could also have said "intentionally". At first I imagine the squeeze might feel like something one needs to overcome but with practice and familiarization, as Thal and BT state, it becomes something of a non issue.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom