Mask repairs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JoeC

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a US Divers Hawaii 4 mask with prescription lenses bonded to it. It developed a leak that appears to be coming from around the lenses. Would anyone know if this mask is repairable and where I could have it done. As far as I can tell, this mask is no longer made.

Thanks

If there is a bezel around the lenses try tightening it. Also, if you can loosen the leses, try cleaning out the channel they fit into on the mask. There may be sand or other stuff in there.

Have you contacted the manufacturer? This usually the best place to start on any issue you can't resolve yourself. Your LDS may also have some advice or solutions.

For a DIY solution, if you can't loosen the lenses within the mask, would be to try sealing the edge of the lenses with silicone sealant. You may want to obtain the type of sealant that is certified for aquairiums, as there may be some issues having this stuff close to your eyes. Be sure to mask off the lenses with masking tape for a neat bead and easy clean up. Give the material about a week, or more, to cure before using the mask.

Back
Top Bottom