Mask Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wish! Where I live there are not many dive shops so I shop online. If the mast doesnt fit I send it back for another one.

I have a narrow face and have had a tough time finding a mask I liked. I eventually got an Atomic Aquatics Ultraclear single lens in Medium that fits great and has an excellent field of vision. I'm not really sure about their ultraclear glass claim. I can't really tell a difference there. But I like it for the fit and field of view.

Atomic Frameless or Sub-Frame. Best field of vision out there, and they come in two sizes - regular and medium. Never seen the person yet who didn't get a good fit in one of these.

Oceanic Shadow and Mini-Shadow are also fine choices.

I am looking for a mask that would fit a narrow face and offer good field of vision. Thats all there is to it anyway right :)

Recommendations???

This is what I read, and decided to try. It's the best mask I have owned (dive rite 2 window). decide for your self...

Straight from their website:

Buy a mask online? Are you crazy?

Here is why you CAN easily buy a mask on the Internet. The reality is that most high-quality masks, including ours, fit most adults quite well. (It's only the low-quality masks that are difficult to find a good fit with because they don't actually fit anyone very well.) We are so sure these masks will fit that we encourage you to order one.
If you're not happy with the mask, just return it for a refund PLUS a $10 credit on your next purchase!

Dive Masks by Dive Rite - Dive Gear Express

Atomic Frameless or Sub-Frame. Best field of vision out there, and they come in two sizes - regular and medium. Never seen the person yet who didn't get a good fit in one of these.

Oceanic Shadow and Mini-Shadow are also fine choices.

What RJP said. I love my Atomic frameless.

Mares makes a X-vision in the Mid size that is meant to fit narrower faces

One of my dive buddies had a heck of a time finding a mask that really fit perfect, after NUMEROUS dives with different masks she finally tried an Atomic frameless, said it was the best!

Here is why you CAN easily buy a mask on the Internet. The reality is that most high-quality masks, including ours, fit most adults quite well. (It's only the low-quality masks that are difficult to find a good fit with because they don't actually fit anyone very well.) We are so sure these masks will fit that we encourage you to order one.
Great it worked out for you and nice policy but but I think their statement is a crock.

Last time I bought a new mask I would up with one of the Mares Liquidskin masks after trying many other (high quality) masks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom