Mask Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Last Call

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I am looking at getting a new mask. I am looking at the Atomic mask. What are the differants in Frameless and the Subframe. Also Is it better to get a black skit or clear. Can you see as good with a black skit? Or does anyone know of any better mask to get.

Last edited:
i have heard that it is better to get a black skirt as with the clear, there can be glare if the sun is strong but the clear can also increase field of vision. I started with a clear skirt and now i have two masks both black skirt and prefer it.
Photographers usually enjoy the black skirts more to avoid distraction.
Frameless masks i prefer also, they are a bit smaller than the framed ones, weigh less and are usually low profile which means there's less space between the lens and your face so mask clearing is much easier.

my two masks are the Hollis m-1 and the scubapro frameless but you would be very well off getting the atomic subframe too.

I prefer black skirt masks I find them much better as no light enters the skirt which distracts me. I use the Atomic frameless (MED) and love it, lower volume and great field of view, it's my favourite mask to date, the fact that it's also the only one that fits properly has a lot to do with it. Mask is all about fit, if the mask fits you then Id say go for it. Good luck

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom