Mask pin from buckel to frame? Atomic Subframe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ls1mtz

Registered
Reaction score
I have an Atomic subframe mask and the other day I noticed the silver pin that slides through a hole and holds on the buckle to the actual frame of the mask was sliding out and and I gave a tug on my strap and my whole buckel and strap fell off. I slipped the buckel back over the holes in the frame and snapped the pin in place. I put some pool time on it and it had no probs. However, I don't want to be 60ft down and have it pop off all of a sudden. Is there anything I can do to make sure the pin doesn't ever work it's way out again?

Well last night I tried messing with it and couldn't get the metal pin to budge so I guess It's not going anywhere soon. I'll just keep an eye on it.

A couple of drops of marine epoxy might be a solution. Mind you, I haven't tried it on this mask.

Thanks for the great customer service Darcy! I thinkI got it fixed though, if I have any more problems with it I will let you know.

i have the same mask with no probs....so far!
truly, the best i've ever tried

I've seen mine do that two...I've got a couple hundred dives on it... It hasn't budged since pushing it back in though.

Back
Top Bottom