Mask Leaking due to facial hair??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have already stated this elsewhere: does not matter what is going on under your nose because the pressure of air in the mask won't let the water in. The only way for the mask to leak is for the air to leak out somewhere at the top.

So when I tilt my mask up (while keeping the top tight against my forehead) so as to let water in to defog it, it's just my imagination that the water is rushing in and filling it up?

So when I tilt my mask up (while keeping the top tight against my forehead) so as to let water in to defog it, it's just my imagination that the water is rushing in and filling it up?
In such case you open a hole too wide for the top of the mask to matter.

I know this thread is old, so.... Is this product out now? I can't find a mask that doesn't leak under my nose. I'm tired of spending $100 bucks or more and coming up empty. Thanks

This is an almost 12 year old thread. If you want answers, we should probably notify the OP, @Dive Right In Scuba .

I know this thread is old, so.... Is this product out now? I can't find a mask that doesn't leak under my nose. I'm tired of spending $100 bucks or more and coming up empty. Thanks
It is available on their website. Mask Sealant.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom