Mask for a seriously wide face

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cspringer

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I'm looking for a mask for my husband who has a very wide face. His eyebrows hang out of the Mares X-Vision skirt and he has a lot of leaks. We haven't found anything that is wide enough and with a large enough nose. He has high cheek bones if that helps anyone. The Aqualung Quartz 3 he has the same problem with. Any suggestions? We've looked all over the place.

Try the Tusa Visualator. I have a wide face, and it's the only mask, aside from some vintage masks, that fits properly and does not leak. I use it exclusively. Mask sizes have shrunk, in general, over the past twenty years, reflecting changing demographics and economic factors. Some larger divers can squeeze into popular contemporary masks, but some of us cannot. The Atomic masks actually cannot seat on my face. My nose hits the glass first.

When two sizes are available for one mask model, it's generally smaller and very small, in reality if not name.

Back
Top Bottom