Mask for a Cromag with a camera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gassed

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I am a Cromag. My brow line and where it meets the bridge of nose proves it. This has led to fruitless search for low to mid volume masks. The "nose bar" (or what I am calling the bit of frame that arches over the bridge of your nose) hits me right where the nose and brow meet. This is quite painful after a couple of dives.
I have given up on stylish masks and stayed with an old deep sea that was painless, but leaks with the slightest facial twitch. I have a couple hundred dives on this thing and i have flushed most of the pacific and Caribbean through my sinuses.
I am also an avid photo, therefore a dork, so style is out.
I am looking for a high volume mask that is photo friendly (DSLR with standard viewfinder).
Or, the outside chance any fellow cromags or Neanderthals have found mask that fits them?
I have been looking at the Aqualung Maui and Atlantis. But good luck finding one o n the shelf to try here in Texas.
Thanks!

Attachments

• DSC_0510.JPG
    DSC_0510.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 49
Apparently I am the only caveman that dives.
I wanted to update this in case any other brow challenged divers search this thread. I ended up with the old school Aqualung 3 window mask. The new version has a great skirt and the field of view is excellent. No leakage or pressure points.
This is a BIG mask and is quite heavy but the high volume under water makes it pretty much neutral.
Capture.JPG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom