mask, fins, snorkle upgrade

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BlakeJ

New
Reaction score
i'm looking to upgrade my mask, fins, and snorkle. i've had mine for a long time and would like to get some nicer gear. i don't want to spend an arm and a leg, but would like some decent quality stuff. any advice? any help would be greatly appreciated.

cheap snorkel sure

mask, the one that fits
fins, the ones that fit that match your style of diving.

I just bought a new mask. It fits perfectly and set me back $15. I don't even look at the brand. A simple J snorkel is the way to go. Nothing beats Lightning Jet Fins.

well, what are you using them for? And what is wrong with your current ones, like what would you consider an upgrade? Without knowing that people can't really make useful suggestions. Even with that, aside from fit it's mostly personal preference anyway.

i dive anywhere from belize and cozumel to freshwater lakes in texas. not alot of crazy current, but i might dive the rigs in the gulf one day, so i may see some current there. my mask is ok, i may hang on to it, it fits. i guess i really just need some fin suggestions.

Split fins are great but aren't really something to use when all you do is dive in currents. Every diving condition warrants different gear.

I dive a lot and split fins work great but if I dive some where where there is alot of current a regular old solid fin or even turtle fins are better.

i'm looking to upgrade my mask, fins, and snorkle. i've had mine for a long time and would like to get some nicer gear. i don't want to spend an arm and a leg, but would like some decent quality stuff. any advice? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Why? Does you mask leak? Snorkel doesn't breathe?

Newer gear is not always better gear unless it fits a need.

As for the fins, I when to these for our local shore diving and love them.
4c2b_1_126_1.JPG

Web Stats Not Enabled

Great fins Teamcasa! I'd also recommend Rocket fins as a good inexpensive fin. As for mask, get a good form fitting one. Gear all comes down to personal choice and preference in my opinion.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom