Mask Clearing Video for Noobs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SparticleBrane:
Eh, sorry it wasn't in something a bit more familiar.
Our videos are set up as *.mp4 files (Quicktime) so that they can easily be set up as podcasts for the students. Each student in our classes have a webpage with their videos on it, plus a link for a podcast. Click that and each time they open iTunes their scuba videos are automatically downloaded for viewing and critiquing. :D

That's pretty cool, actually.

Blackwood:
Why is "when mask clearing" different than any of part of the dive? You'll rise any time you hold a full breath from neutral. However, depth changes are delayed, and there’s no rule that says you have to clear your mask with full lungs.

I have no particular problems with learning how to clear while kneeling negative. But I do think that dive students should be able to 'do it off the bottom' proficiently before they graduate. Not only will they likely be off the bottom when they’re out - you know - diving, but doing clears is a great way to learn buoyancy control.

you are arguing my point. Everyone should be able to breath while their mask is off. The part about rising was just an extra point of why not to hold your breath while clearing. :)

GA Under Water:
you are arguing my point. Everyone should be able to breath while their mask is off. The part about rising was just an extra point of why not to hold your breath while clearing. :)

It seemed (to me) by your wording that you thought doing the skill while hovering was unimportant.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom