Mary's Place

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi diversteve,

When was the last time you used Barefoot? I ask because they did not say anything about lunch and they just told me to get a cab to them, so they don't arrange one for us.

All,
I also found another dive operator called Tobri Divers. Has anyone used them? They are over that way and they will do Mary's Place and will provide the transportation to and from the port.

It appears to do Mary's Place I will need to choose one of these two dive shops. Neither was a 100% guarantee they will go to Mary's Place but these two are my best (and only) options, from what I can tell in my research, of having a chance to dive Mary's Place when we are there via cruise.

I really wish now I could turn back time and instead of going to Utila a couple of years ago for a week, we should have stayed on Roatan. We were very disappointed in Utila, especially the dive shop/diving. The original manager I dealt with when we booked was wonderful and I believe we would have had a very positive experience if she would have been there still but she left and the new manager we dealt with was not very accomodating as he would not take us to the north side per our request (since most days it was just the two of us diving and he would not make any money - but the first manager believed we could get to the north side at least for two out of five of our days of diving but no, the new guy only took us once). Oh well, live and learn.

Thanks everyone!

Barefoot Divers is part of Barefoot Cay Resort and has a full service restaurant. It opens at 7am so you can put in your order before diving and have it ready at whatever time you like. As for transportation, if you book your dive(s) in advance and tell them where you'll be coming in and when, they can gjve you options and make arrangements for you which will be pre-paid along with your dive...

Probably too late, but I'll post anyway. Just got off a carnival cruise last week. We booked our dives through the ship. First time, so we played it safe. Due to weather, Anthony's Key Resort canceled on us. Basically if the weather's bad, everyone has to dive on the south side, and they are on the north, so they can't guarantee that they can get you back to the boat ontime with all of the back and forth over the island. So with a little internet, we booked with Barefoot. We had to get our own taxi, but it was a very quick drive from the ship. Pricey, but quick. Our ship let us off around 10 am local time, so we made the 12(ish) dive pretty comfortably. As we were the only people on the dive, we asked them to go to Mary's and they obliged. It was also our first ocean dive, and really great. It really is a beautiful site that is also very fun and intricate to dive. SI is was spent on land as opposed to on a boat, which was really nice. My wife says the second dive was to a place called Jon Junket, which was a fabulous wall. Lots of life to see etc. All of the folks were great, and it was truly enjoyable and worth it. It was also great that they handled us with just a few hours notice. I really liked that they took their time setting up our equipment with our involvement, as opposed to the cattle boat that was cozumel the next day. My wife want to go back and stay a week. We had a decent breakfast before we'd left, so skipped lunch, and just hit the buffet when we got back, but they offered to let us head over and grab lunch at the resort if we wanted. So based on my experience, I couldn't recommend them enough.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom