Martha's Quarry in Lebanon, TN is Having a Patriots Day Treasure hunt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
It is 30 to get in.
Fred Massie the owner is giving away some (several) BCD's, which are about 700 a piece, several regs, and much much much more.
It is 9/11/2004. There will be a lot of sponsers and dive shops there.
The number is 615-860-0000. Talk to Fred. I love him to death.
Tell him Bridget Elam told you about it.
He calls it Patriots DAy.
I would like everyone to come out and have fun.

beachdivequeenbelam:
It is 30 to get in.
Fred Massie the owner is giving away some (several) BCD's, which are about 700 a piece, several regs, and much much much more.
It is 9/11/2004. There will be a lot of sponsers and dive shops there.
The number is 615-860-0000. Talk to Fred. I love him to death.
Tell him Bridget Elam told you about it.
He calls it Patriots DAy.
I would like everyone to come out and have fun.

my dive buddy and i were planning on coming in from Memphis on saturday morning to get in a few dives. does this mean it will probably be crowded? should we try to bring tanks from Memphis? do you have to reserve a spot or check in?
I will call tomorrow morning and see if I can get thru to Fred :) we went out there once before back in May and really enjoyed it. thanks for the post!

my dive buddy found a "treasure bottle" and got herself a new shorty wetsuit

lots of fun and not too crowded

andrea31419:
Can you (any of you from TN) tell me of diving spots in the Tri Cities area? Thx.

A.

there's nothing here locally in Memphis, but there are several rock quarries that are between 3 and 5 hours drive in different directions. the best place to look at all of them is www.rockdivers.com . they not only promote their quarry, but they have links to others. Also, I loaned the book out, but there's a book out there called Underwater Odyssy (I think) about 50 dives in 50 states, and it has a few other suggestions.

I'm afraid for the most part though, choices are limited. If you are coming to Memphis, you might check in at The Dive Shop 901-763-3483 and see if they have any trip planned for the lake at Greer's Ferry (Heber Springs, Arkansas).

Andrea,
Watauga Lake lies about 20-25 miles east of J/C and is a very, very clear lake.
Nice camping sites. Don't know about any diving support. Perhaps there is a dive shop in J/C or Elizabethton, don't know.

Never dived the lake, but I would imagine it's thick wet or dry suit territory, especially this time of year.

Very little boat traffic.

Give us a report if ya dive it.

Dennis

Don't forget the altitude dive table.

Back
Top Bottom