Marking your own gear, how do you do it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I learned from my dog, I pee on everything.

I tried that on my side of the bed, but my wife didn't think it was funny... Ironically, I mark my gear with "WIZ" in either black or silver sharpies :D

I also tried using reflective tape on the bottom side of my fins but it didn't hold very well and after a few dives it would come off.

Just want to clarify this point: if you put your drivers license number on your gear any (US) police department can trace that back to you. This isn't true for social security numbers or other marking schemes short of a full name, address and/or phone number.

Just want to clarify this point: if you put your drivers license number on your gear any (US) police department can trace that back to you. This isn't true for social security numbers or other marking schemes short of a full name, address and/or phone number.

Look how that turned out for P. Sherman:

7123343197_39d1c4175c_z.jpg

:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:
rofl3.gif

In some states they change the Drivers License no. every time you renew.

I had my original DL no. memorized. Quit when it got changed and the format was changed.

I use a combination of Sharpies and Tulip Slick Dimensional Fabric Paint available at your local Michaels Craft Store if you have one or from Amazon for around $6 for 5 ounces. From what I can see it is effectively the same stuff as Scuba Goop and it works just as well for my gear. Some of my gear have worn off over the past few years and I just reapply it again when I need to; some of the gear that sees less friction still has the original marks on them. I also only mark the gear that I think could get mixed up with other divers' stuff like TSandM said (I think, /me scrolls up to look)...

Other than that I keep a real good eye out for my gear in general and keep everything nice and tidy; i.e. I don;t let my stuff lie around to avoid temptation altogether if I can help it.
:coffee:

Firstly let's just say there's NO way anyone is confusing their equipment with mine. It's all pretty standard, but wellll I'll attach pictures.

Fins are done with metallic sharpie.
526815_10151819899203154_1908619231_n.jpg
The mask I have my mask strap cover on it, so I rarely get it mixed up.
photo (1).JPG
The BC is done with sharpie dye pens. I suppose you could be normal and just write your initials.
photo (2).JPG
And wellll the hood is always looped around the wetsuit hanger so I don't really every have an issue with people getting confused, and my suits all have bows tied on the zipper.
photo.JPG
Eccentric...probably. Efficient...definitely.

Back
Top Bottom