Mark 25 Revisited

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

saying

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Is there some reason my question about a yoke/DIN conversion on a Mark 25 was deleted? It's been a few days since I've been able to check the board and today, hoping for an answer, I find the thread completely gone.

Did people start arguing DIR under my question or something?

My original question was:

The yoke on the Mark 25 seems to be of a sort of odd shape, that makes getting to the nut a little awkward... I'm wondering what sort of attack angle or tool people are using to get at that nut.

It was nothing personal. A hardware failure resulted in a corrupted data base and a backup was used to restore the board. Unfortunately, the backup was a few days old so all the recent threads and posts were lost.

And due to the crash, nobody has been able to check the board for the last couple days so you did not miss much.

I also do remember your thread being answered. it's just that the answer was one of the posts lost with the thread.

Peterbuilt sells a 1" yoke nut socket designed to remove 1" yoke nuts on just about every brand of reg using 1" nuts and they have another size for the rest.

You can find them at www.Scubatools.com

The sockets are shorter than a normal socket and also thinner walled.

If you have a large cresent wrench you cna also normally get them opff unless they were over torqued or are badly corroded. But putting them back on requires the socket as using the proper torque values are important.

Same with attaching the DIN fitting, you will want to use a socket with a long reach 6mm hex head (also available from Peterbuilt).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom