MarineQuest 2009

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oceandvr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
For those of you not in or on the water today and are looking for something to do, MarineQuest is a free event happening in St. Petersburg today from 10AM - 4PM.

Fish and Wildlife Research Institute

FWC Fish and Wildlife Research Institute
100 Eighth Avenue Southeast
St. Petersburg, Florida

We invite you to join us for MarineQuest, the annual open house of the Fish and Wildlife Research Institute (FWRI). Join us on Saturday, April 25, 2009, for the most fun you have ever had out of the water. This award-winning event is an opportunity for you and your family to learn about FloridaÃÔ fish and wildlife and FWRIÃÔ new and exciting research.

TOUR THE FACILITY
You are invited to tour our building, where staff members will be on hand to discuss their research and answer your questions. Our laboratories will be open, and displays will demonstrate some of the cutting-edge research going on at FWRI. After you finish inside, journey outside and discover more of our hands-on displays, including touch tanks teeming with marine life!
LISTEN TO PRESENTATIONS
Presentations in our auditorium cover topics such as sharks and rays, black bears, manatees, whooping cranes, and native crocodilians, and are for all ages.

A DAY OF FUN FOR THE ENTIRE FAMILY
MarineQuest offers events for all ages, including several hands-on activities that will help our younger visitors learn about the fascinating marine life found in our oceans. Kids can dive into the water with their hands and pick up horseshoe crabs, sea stars, spiny lobsters, and other marine critters commonly found in Florida's waters. Through the age-old practice of "gyotaku," or fish printing, they can create their own artwork. Kids can also learn how to make marine-related origamiÍÔuch as fish and whalesÍÉave their faces painted, put together a manatee skeleton, touch sharks and rays, and much more!

VISIT AND SPEAK WITH LOCAL ORGANIZATIONS
In addition to the lab displays and interactive stations, representatives from local and national organizations will be available to visit with you and offer information.

I went to this last year and had a great time. My little ones really enjoyed it as well. Unfortunately this year I have to work. I will be at next years though.

I went to this last year and had a great time. My little ones really enjoyed it as well. Unfortunately this year I have to work. I will be at next years though.

This was a great time. Hope you had a good turn-out this year as well :)

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom