Marine housing for Panasonic DMC-FX8

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dzscubie

Contributor
Reaction score
Back in El Paso, Texas with my Buddy (wife)
As you can see from the title of my post I have found an underwater housing for my Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX8 camera. :D I have been looking for a housing for a couple of years and was never able to find one so I started looking for any Panasonic housing. Well, I found that Panasonic made a housing for the DMC-FX07 and I though ÅÊtÃÔ only one number off maybe it will fit so I started looking at the dimensions of the two cameras and photos of what they looked alike and it turned out the 07 is only .01 larger than my 8 and I though what the hell. I sent an email to a company in Chicago and they told me that if the camera was not listed on the housing then it would not work. :no: I did not believe them and since the housing was only $200 bucks I took a chance. WHOOO HOOOOOO, I got the housing today and my camera fits like a glove. I canÃÕ wait to take it down and try it out. All of the controls work and IÃÎ positive I have found a housing for my camera and wonÃÕ have to buy a new camera. Now all I have to find is a base plate and arm for my slave strobe. IÃÍl post again after I dive with it.

Hi, Im a newb wanting to try out my fx8 underwater too.!! Hoping to seek your advice.
I found a Panasonic Underwater Case DMW-MCFX07E. Is that the model of the case you bought?
Is there any functions we should take note since our fx8 doesnt have the underwater presets?

Many thanks in advance.!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom