Marijuana (not while diving)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My mother was presrcibed Marinol for extreme nausea several years back, isn't this drug made from Marijuana? If this drug is used for extreme nausea, then it stands to reason that DAN or someone should try and study it's effects on divers. I believe it was administered orally or as a topical cream, but I seem to remember the drug containing THC. Does anyone know about this drug, and am I right about it's use?

As for info on the thing I said about one joint being like smoking 5 cigs as far as damage to the body goes, I was told that in a science class in school. I've never really researched it.

Next.....I'm not familiar with the drug Marinol, but I do know that there is synthetic THC. I've seen it in pill form at work, but don't know of its uses.

canuckton- Wish you could enclose a picture. Sounds like a great pieace of engeeniring there.

Anyway- In eilat, at about 10M there's an upside down bath tub tied to the bottom. You can fill it with air and create an "air pocket". The reason for this, as I heard is to smoke bongs undewr water without the necesity to engeenir such a device as you described.

oh- and wendy- Beside the side-efects, marijuana is a lot less unhealthy than cigarets. I has no nicotine, and if you use a bong, you also get no paper smoke.

Marinol is the prescription form of dronabinol or tetrohydrocannabinol (THC). It's normally used to treat or prevent nausea and vomiting caused by cancer medicines when other medicines do not work. Also used to increase the appetite of people with acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS).

As Dr. Deco said, there isn't a lot of funding for researching drug interactions on divers, especially on substances as infrequently prescribed as this one. If you can come up with a source of funding for the research though, I'd be quite interested in reading the results.

Sounds as goofy as "playing with fire is a lot less unhealthy
than playing with knives" (or vice-versa).

Too funny.

My ex-boyfriend was a regular weed smoker, and since he smoked about 5 joints a day, it had practically no more effects on him.
By the way, he's a PADI Instructor as well.

I dove with him once when he was high andsurprisingly, he was very conservative, extremely careful, because he knew he was not in the ideal state for a dive.

That impressed me, but I think it's still a mistake to dive when you're high, because you loose many of your reflexes. As to know if it has any effects to dive when you're not high, but when you're an everyday-smoker... I never had the feeling that he was not as good as other DMs can be... but this is up to Doctors to say !

Amanda, I hope your reply is not a serious one. Why in the hell would you go diving with a buddy who was high? If your boyfriend wished to be an idiot and dive when he was high, there is nothing you can do about that, but if he wants to endanger your life as your buddy, you should not dive with him! A little common sense goes a long way. I hope your future boyfriends are a little smarter...

I often smoke pot and...err...I forgot what I was going to say...anyone have any chocolate chip cookies?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom