Marietta Landing Clams

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Timeliner

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
TexDiveGuy and I were up at Lake Murray, OK. again this weekend. 'Great day to be outside ! We put in at Marietta Landing near the boat ramp and headed West. I call it at 8 to 10++ feet of Vis. Water temp was 46 degrees. The deepest we went was 34 feet. All in all we just followed the rocky shoreline most of the time and we made it down to right where the "underwater amusement park" is before heading back. We poped up a few fin kicks from the dive flag after a 56 minute dive.
After lunch We did our 2nd dive in a cove East of the boat ramp that we had never tought would be any good but as it turned out it was pretty special. Max depth was about 24 feet. The underwater trees there are spooky and in places the hydralia is like a fine golf course that just streches in all directions. It felt like we we flying over the grasslands in a plane. The water was clear and light shines through very well and so the colors were sharp and bright. The water appears blue as it fades away into the distance. 'Overall, not a typical Green day at the lake. We called it 15 feet of Vis. in spots. There are big old grand daddy clams there too. The meat inside them must be the size of a chicken breast. The clams must enjoy the warmer water in the coves because it was a balmy 49 degrees there. :14:
Somewhere along the way I lost the 3X Macro lense for my camera and figured it was gone for good. I mean, what are the odds of finding something that small in a big lake?
About 1/2 hour later after a long trip around the cove we made our way back to the place I thought I might have dropped the lens and there it was !!! :D
We only saw one fish the whole day ( large mouth bass)
I wonder where they hang out :06:

As always Timeliner thanks for a great day of diving,,,,the East Cove in its variety was really fun diving,,,,and you are one lucky dude to find that lens!!!! We need to explore the cove again before all the boaters hit the lake in a few months.....those were the greenist underwater grasses I have seen in awhile. :)

You guys look me up on your next outing. By the time I got home from Balmorhea yesterday, I swore off of diving for a few weeks; but today is Monday. After reading your report, I am ready to go again. Just FYI to everyone, I know some of the local dive clubs are going to be at Marietta Landing on Feb. 25 and 26. Check with your local dive club for official details as I am not a designated town crier.

JR

Timeliner:
TexDiveGuy and I were up at Lake Murray, OK. ... Water temp was 46 degrees. ... our 2nd dive in a cove East of the boat ramp that we had never tought would be any good but as it turned out it was pretty special. ... 'Overall, not a typical Green day at the lake. We called it 15 feet of Vis. in spots. There are big old grand daddy clams there too.
Thanks for the report Frank. Sounds like a really good trip. Glad you found that lens.

Willie

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom