Mares Wave fin reviews?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SparkE79

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I've been unable to find very much online about these. I'm looking for my first pair of fins for my OW class and was wondering what folks thought of them. Any help is appreciated!

I've been unable to find very much online about these. I'm looking for my first pair of fins for my OW class and was wondering what folks thought of them. Any help is appreciated!

There is a review in the May 11 British Diving magazine "Diver" where they were rated highly apparently similar to the Plana Avanti Quattros. Weight 1.8kgs in XL. Uses ABS buckle system.

Quote:

"They are very light in weight weight, and priced in the middle range. I believe these are worthy successors to the all-conquering Plana Avanti Quattros of the past".

They were given 9/10 by the reviewer.

I hope this is of some help.

Just wondering if you got the mares wave and what you thought of them? Thinking of getting them myself

Good fin. One of my friends who is a Mares Rep gave me a pair that he had to try and they were good but I still prefer my Volo Powers to them. Found a great deal on a new pair recently which is about the same as the express and attached it here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom