Mares Vector Chrome Inflator Unit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Godly_Diver

Registered
Reaction score
I have a tiny leak on the inflator button of my inflator unit. Does anyone have a spare? or has anyone fixed such a problem? Dive Shop I purchased it from wants me to ship the whole BCD and estimated turn-around time is about 2 weeks...simply can't wait that long, I have dives scheduled. Can take it to a local authorized Mares dealer but they charge too much for such a little and easy repair. Leak is not a major problem right now; I have completed 3 dives yesterday and didn't effect my bottom time or buoyancy control too much, so I can dive with it but don't want to take a risk of this little problem turning into a big one when I am under 60+ feet water. Will appreciate any suggestions.
R.Duzel

Godly_Diver:
I have a tiny leak on the inflator button of my inflator unit. Does anyone have a spare? or has anyone fixed such a problem? Dive Shop I purchased it from wants me to ship the whole BCD and estimated turn-around time is about 2 weeks...simply can't wait that long, I have dives scheduled. Can take it to a local authorized Mares dealer but they charge too much for such a little and easy repair. Leak is not a major problem right now; I have completed 3 dives yesterday and didn't effect my bottom time or buoyancy control too much, so I can dive with it but don't want to take a risk of this little problem turning into a big one when I am under 60+ feet water. Will appreciate any suggestions.
R.Duzel

Can you be a bit more specific on what is leaking?? Is it leaking air from the tank into the bc?? In which case your schrader valve is probably bad... or is it leaking out of the bc into the water through the oral inflator?? Then normally spraying silicone into the mouthpiece while depressing the deflate button over and over cleans off that seat and softens it up so it works again....

It's a 15 minute fix, whatever it is... so 2 weeks is a little extreme. We would have it out the day it arrived... Is it under warranty??

Larry,
Thanks for the reply...yes, it's leaking out of the bc into the water through the inflator button area(which you press to inflate the bc) and it's a constant leak, not only when you press it but it leaks as long as air is "on". So, does silicon sprying will work for this? What type of silicon spray should I get and where can I get it.?
I will try it before taking it to a local shop which charges $20 and plus if necessary to
eplace parts but parts should be covered under waranty; right?
Again, thanks for the info.
R. Duzel

Okay It's done.....it was the housing in the unit which was cracked...so we replaced the unit. Problem's solved!!! Larry, thanks for your time.
Cheers,
rd

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom