Mares Vector 1000 backplate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pfriedel

Registered
Reaction score
My wife has a Mares Vector 1000 from a few years back ('04, but might be an '03 model) where the backplate had a difficulty on the third or fourth boat dive with it. The hole that the cummerbund loops through cracked on what looks like a molding failure. Now, I know this stuff is normally bulletproof, and frankly my wife has been diving with her cummerbund going through the next hole along just fine for the past few years, but this sort of thing feels like it isn't right to be left "broken". Due to the fact we bought it online, the local store doesn't _really_ want to repair it under warranty (which has probably since expired anyway, if it was ever valid), and they'd probably fix it if I pressed the point but hey, it works without meddling, so I'm not going to force the issue.

But it _looks_ like a pretty stupidly easy thing to fix - 2 bolts, keep track of the sandwich, replace the inner backplate, and torque it down again. The only hitch has been getting the part. Anyone know of a source? It's the inner backplate portion, the major structural part that fits between the back pad and the lift bag portion of the jacket.

Dear pfriedel,

As an authorized dealer for Mares we should be able to get the backplate for you. If you give us a call on Tuesday and speak with Tim he can call Mares and find out for sure about getting the backplate. The only stipulation is that the BCD would have to be sent to us here in Dania Beach, Fl for the replacement as it is against our policy to allow customers to purchase parts.

You can reach Tim between 9:30AM and 6PM Eastern Standard Time on Tuesday.
Our phone number is 1-800-DIVE-USA or 954-926-4420 Ext. 670 to reach Tim directly.

Thank You,
Sean Clarke
Divers Direct & World Watersports

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom