Mares surveyor Flashing E

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello, I am a new diver so i have bought a 2nd hand mares surveyor as an entry level computer. it looks as though it will be great for what i need untill i get more experianced, But when i turn it on i get a flashing E in the top left hand corner where the depth should be, will this dissapear when i dive or does it mean i have got a problem with the computor.
Thanks for any help
Steve :)

Hi Steve,

I am not familiar with the Surveyor. An E doesn't sound right. Can or have you tried replacing the batteries? This computer is most likely about 10yrs old, so I apoligize for not knowing more. Good luck.

Zak

Hi Zak,
Thanks for the reply, i did try the batteries but it still did not stop flashing e. Luckily I managed to get my money back and i am now looking for a new computer, no offence but i have been put off mares because it is so hard to get any info if things go wrong, I have got other mares equiptment which i am really happy with i am just a bit unsure about a dive computer.

Thanks Steve:cool2:

Steve,

Ulitmately it is up to you and you should do what you are most comfortable with. Just to clarify, the surveyor computer you purchased is a very old computer and most likely not manufactured by Mares. I believe it was produced by another company, and branded Mares. This is most likely the reason for lack of information. Also keep in mind, we are here on this board as an extension of our support to the consumer trying to provide more and better information regarding our products. When you look for a new computer, search around and find out which manufacturers are offering this level of support (not all).

For your future information we have been producing our "own" computers for the last 6 years or so. The production, R & D, etc. is all in house, which gives us much greater control over support issues, information, and quality.

I am glad you like the Mares products you have. I hope one day you will find the more recent or future Mares computers to your liking. This summer we will have a new computer called the Icon HD, which will put us at the top of computer technology and design.

Safe and happy diving.

Best regards,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom