Mares surveyor dive computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rockhall

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Can anyone help, why can't I connect to my computer. I can connect the iris but it wont signal me to connect computer to iris

Howdy and welcome to Scubaboard. :admingreet:

Sorry, never used it. Good luck.

Welcome to SB :)
never used it also I can't help you for now.

Hi what version of software are you using and on what operating system?

---------- Post added January 27th, 2014 at 07:31 AM ----------

Another question is which interface are you using? The IRIS interface is an Infrared interface used with the newer Mares DSs that have an IR interface. It also has dedicated software to use with the IRIS interface. I recently bought some scuba kit off a guy as my wife wants to take up scuba as well. In the kit was a Mares Tutor which is almost exactly the same DC as the Surveyor. It did not have an interface so I built one using a diagram I got off the Internet. I have only tested the DCDS 2000 software which you can still download from Mares. [URL]http://www.softwaremares.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/List/Index/34[/url] I have tested it on a older Windows XP machine as the interface has a 9 pin RS232 Serial connector. It works fine on that. I am waiting for a RS232 to USB converter which I have ordered to check if it will work with the newer Dive Organiser software on later operating systems. I have some doubt as the other version of the software uses a Drak interface but then again the protocols may be the same. Will see soon.

Don't know why I am even bothering with this further reply as the OP seems to have dropped a question and then disappeared but for future reference if someone else may have a similar question.

The interface I built which works with DCDS 2000 on a Windows XP machine does not work with the latest Mares software. The software does not recognise the interface. I actually expected as much. DCDS 2000 will also not run on a 64bit Windows OS. Not even in compatibility mode as Win95 or Win XP

Don't know why I am even bothering with this further reply as the OP seems to have dropped a question and then disappeared but for future reference if someone else may have a similar question.

The interface I built which works with DCDS 2000 on a Windows XP machine does not work with the latest Mares software. The software does not recognise the interface. I actually expected as much. DCDS 2000 will also not run on a 64bit Windows OS. Not even in compatibility mode as Win95 or Win XP
i got the very same issue not, did you find any way to make it wotk on 64bit machine?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom