Mares Sapphfire vs Pinnacle Merino?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scoobidoo

Reaction score
I'm looking for a 5mm suit and tossing between getting a Mares which has a "plush" Sapphfire lining and a Pinnacle which has the merino lining.

All I can find is that the merino layer helps insulate better and dries quicker too. How does the Mare's plushy sapphfire compare to merino?

Any advise welcome! Thanks guys.

Not sure on the Mares, but I absolutely love the Pinnacle merino-elastiprene suits I have (3 and 5mm).

Same thing for me, I can't comment on the Mares, but I am very happy with the Pinnacle Fusion (4/5mm). I even took it ice diving last winter.

Same thing for me, I can't comment on the Mares, but I am very happy with the Pinnacle Fusion (4/5mm). I even took it ice diving last winter.
You went Ice diving in a 4/5?!?!?!?!

Not sure on the Mares, but I absolutely love the Pinnacle merino-elastiprene suits I have (3 and 5mm).

Same here - I have Pinnacle Seal 3mm and 7 mm Elastoprene (both merino lined) and these are the best wet suits, by far, that I have ever owned. No experience, however, with the Mares.

another vote for the Pinnacle stuff, the Seal is fantastic, its fits great, is built well, comfortable as anything I have worn. Not to mention that after about 2 years of diving, it still doesn't smell bad.

The merino lining is extremely warm and comfortable, i have used the merino lined drysuit undergarment and it is the warmest i have ever used. So far i have not heard anything bad about the merino lining.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom