Mares Raptor vs Mares X-streams

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I went from Atomic splits to X-Streams. Two of them together don't weigh as much as 1 of the Atomics. In fact, I had to add 1 pound of lead. Thinking of adding another.

Dearly love the splits. The X-Streams are a bit quicker and more responsive like a paddle would be. Better in current? Don't know yet. Still deciding. The X-Streams are hard on old ankles and calf muscles but not bad.

Here in these currents I'd give the nod to the Mares. If diving where there's little to no current... Give me my Atomics. I plan to stay with the X-Streams.

Normally I don't use wet suits. Wonder if I would need ankle weights if I use the Mares X-Streams because the fins are + buoyant. The material in the middle also seems to be very fragile. How is yours holding up?

Normally I don't use wet suits. Wonder if I would need ankle weights if I use the Mares X-Streams because the fins are + buoyant. The material in the middle also seems to be very fragile. How is yours holding up?

Humm... good question. I hadn't thought about it that way. While I needed another pound to compensate for the weight loss my orientation hasn't changed nor do I feel light in the feet. I had the same thoughts about the materials when I bought them. So far so good and I'm sure not very worried about it. They still look new.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom