Mares Quad Air - Still relevant or past it’s prime?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you already have it, and it works, I wouldn't necessarily say it's past its prime. However, there are a few things to consider. It's a monochrome screen, and runs RGBM. There has been a trend lately away from RGBM and more towards Buhlmann algorithm. Mares most recent introduction (Genius) is an example. It's quite a bit more than the Quad Air, but has a color screen and runs Buhlmann. It does, however, use a different transmitter.

I used a monochrome screen for a while. They work just fine. Color screens are, for sure, a lot nicer.

If you already have it, and it works, I wouldn't necessarily say it's past its prime. However, there are a few things to consider. It's a monochrome screen, and runs RGBM. There has been a trend lately away from RGBM and more towards Buhlmann algorithm. Mares most recent introduction (Genius) is an example. It's quite a bit more than the Quad Air, but has a color screen and runs Buhlmann. It does, however, use a different transmitter.

I used a monochrome screen for a while. They work just fine. Color screens are, for sure, a lot nicer.
I think you mean the Sirius?

I think you mean the Sirius?
Yes. You are correct. I was thinking Sirius.

Both the Sirius and the Genius run Buhlmann, but the Sirius is the one that uses a different transmitter.

Thank you for the feedback. I’ll keep diving with it, maybe demo something from my LDS this summer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom