Mares Puck Pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Check the new AL i100 computer, it has everything you need (but no Bluetooth and no back-lighting however).

i100 Dive Computer - Aqua Lung US - Recreational and Professional Scuba Diving Gear

I believe that it is a much better value than the Mares Puck, Suunto Zoop or the Cressi Leonardo since it has a slightly more liberal algorithm.

With little extra money, I'd recommend the new i300C from AL (Bluetooth connection so no need for USB cable to download the log. Back-lighting for night and low visibility conditions so you don't need to shine your dive light on the computer screen to read it and a 3-gas mix capability):
i300C Dive Computer - Aqua Lung US - Recreational and Professional Scuba Diving Gear

Last edited:
And, more importantly, if it has been 15 years or so since you last dove, I'd highly recommend that you take a refresher course and even a nitrox and Advanced Scuba Diver course (the NAUI version since you appear to be a NAUI certified diver). If you take the advanced Scuba Diver (ASD) course, I am sure that the NAUI instructor will add the "refresher" part without too much money. The instructor should help you with learning how to use the computer. You can also take a couple of online courses to learn about dive computers for very little money:

Dive Computer Training

Dive Computer Training

Dive Computer Training

Divers Supply has the i300 on sale for $199. It doesn't have the Bluetooth connectivity that the i300c has, but for that price it may be a good option.

Check the new AL i100 computer, it has everything you need (but no Bluetooth and no back-lighting however).

i100 Dive Computer - Aqua Lung US - Recreational and Professional Scuba Diving Gear

I believe that it is a much better value than the Mares Puck, Suunto Zoop or the Cressi Leonardo since it has a slightly more liberal algorithm.

With little extra money, I'd recommend the new i300C from AL (Bluetooth connection so no need for USB cable to download the log. Back-lighting for night and low visibility conditions so you don't need to shine your dive light on the computer screen to read it and a 3-gas mix capability):
i300C Dive Computer - Aqua Lung US - Recreational and Professional Scuba Diving Gear

Divers Supply has the i300 on sale for $199. It doesn't have the Bluetooth connectivity that the i300c has, but for that price it may be a good option.
If you are going to buy the usb cable to be able to download the log from the i300, then your savings are gone and you will be paying close to what it would cost to buy the i300c which doesn't need usb cable since it has Bluetooth :)

Good grief. $85 for a simple cable? Msn, they stick it to you.

If you are going to buy the usb cable to be able to download the log from the i300, then your savings are gone and you will be paying close to what it would cost to buy the i300c which doesn't need usb cable since it has Bluetooth :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom