Mares Puck Pro Wrist Computer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JamesBon92007

Contributor
Reaction score
Southern California...too far from the ocean
# of dives
2500 - 4999
LeisurePro has this one sale for one more day for only $129. Is it worth it? About the only time we might even need a computer is when we are in Cozumel. The rest of the time we are usually in about 30-45 feet of water.

Would this be OK for a first computer or would I be better off spending a little more on something else?

And no, I'm not trying to get it in time for Christmas :wink:

Thanks, and Merry Christmas!

It's fine. Does what you need. I dove a puck for years.

You barely use one as it is now though, so why spend more money than needed?

But if you really want, I can sell you a Perdix. :wink:

It's fine. Does what you need. I dove a puck for years.

You barely use one as it is now though, so why spend more money than needed?

But if you really want, I can sell you a Perdix. :wink:

OK, thanks!

I've been diving for 49 years without one. Heck, I just started using a BC a few years ago :wink:

Hi
They are nice to have, and that is a good price.

The Mares Puck Pro is a good computer to start with. It has all of the basic features. It is what I use for most of my diving. I also spend most of time <40', but it is nice knowing dive time and other details. In particular I like the computer for ascent rates and on deeper dives when holding a safety stop with no reference line/feature. I think it is slightly easier to look at my wrist then a console to get depth.

Buy it...you want it.
You can always use it as bottom timer in stead of a watch.

Buy it...you want it.
You can always use it as bottom timer in stead of a watch.

I have a bottom timer and u/w dive tables :)

The bottom timer works when I forget to start my watch :wink: It sounds like the computer will do the same thing.

I'm mainly getting it for my girlfriend. She is OW certified and freaked out a couple of weeks ago when the DM said we would be diving a maximum of 90 feet. Heck, she'd already been to 80.

they'll save your logs for you, too, you just need the $50 pc link cable to copy them to the non-dive computer

Back
Top Bottom