Mares Puck and Mission Console question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RamblinManta

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I recently bought a Mares Mission 2 Console to go along with my Puck wrist computer. The console has a depth gauge and SPG...analog. I like the versatility of having the wrist Puck if I can't travel with my whole reg setup.

My question is whether the depth gauge can be changed out from the console with the computer from my Puck? If so, what's the best way to do it?

You can remove the Mares Puck from the wrist boot. It is not the easiest thing to accomplish - but it can be done and can be done without damaging the wrist boot. The first thing that you have to do is remove the two pins that hold in the straps. (The two silver pins when you look at the side of the wrist computer.) Those pins hold both the straps and the computer in place. Once that is done it is possible to pull and push the computer out of the boot. It is easier if you soak the wrist boot and computer in hot water. If you can push one side of the computer over the top lip - the other side should also be able to be pushed up.

I don't know if I have made any sense - but the important thing is to remove the two silver pins. Once those pins are out - the computer will be able to be pushed and pulled out of the boot. Placing the computer in the console is easy once it is removed.

Good Luck.

Steve Heng

Bending the boot/console also helps to remove the puck inserts. It shouldn't be a problem.

Romera - your comments make perfect sense. Thank you for responding.

Same to you scubastingray. I really appreciate it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom