Mares Proton V32 Regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TN Traveler

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I just got a new (to me) reg and have decided I need to find a good home for a couple of regs that are no longer being used:

Mares Proton V32 XL with Proton Ice 2nd and Proton Ice Octo (satin finish metal) Both 2nds show slight signs of use. Has been sitting for a year since overhaul. $300 OBO

Mares Proton V32 with Proton Metal 2nd and Proton Metal Octo (polished metal) - Looks just about like new. Has been sitting for a 11/2 years since overhaul. $325 OBO

I checked and the IP is fine on both (no creep) and all the 2nds are crisp breathing.

I can add 7 ft or 5 ft hose with 1/2" fitting and/or short hose for "Octo" for a nominal cost if you prefer a "DIR" set-up.

I accept Paypal

Hi ,

I'm looking for a small reg like the aqualung mikron for my 11 tear old son who is taking lessons now. Will the proton fit the bill?

I don't know much about Aqualung Regs, so I really can't compare them. The Proton is a small reg - considerably smaller than most. It is also all metal, so they are very rugged, plus they help minimize dry mouth.

If you get these for him he can use them for the next 20 years!

Hi ,

I'm looking for a small reg like the aqualung mikron for my 11 tear old son who is taking lessons now. Will the proton fit the bill?

(No association to the regs but since I have used both, the answer is essentially yes.

I will say that more than mouthpiece size is often as big a concern as second stage body size.

I have been rummaging around my spare parts and have found I can add either a mini-SPG or console with SPG/Depth Gauge (your choice) and a BCD Inflator Hose to these. You have a complete reg set for $50 each more.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom