Wanted Mares proton faceplate/purge cover

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@db_cooper and @lowwall ,
Tentative first draft designed... Some key info needed: Is the retaining ring that screws into the reg body a separate piece (like most) or integrated into the purge cover?
If separate, all I really need is total diameter, thickness and width of the outer rim (where it gets clamped between the retainer and the diaphragm), and the height of the inner center surface above bottom of the outer rim (how high the diaphragm stands above it's outer rim).
If it's integrated, I will probably need a hands on example to check the the thread pitch/diameter, etc.

View attachment 738808

Respectfully,

James
Hi sorry to jump on a old post I’m after one of these for my sons regs, no look anywhere my lds have spoke to mares too and no joy they did offer me 25% of a new 2nd stage for him….. but would rather just get the bit I need and he can have my apex’s when I get around to getting some new ones 😂

Let me know if you did please cheers lee

Hi sorry to jump on a old post I’m after one of these for my sons regs, no look anywhere my lds have spoke to mares too and no joy they did offer me 25% of a new 2nd stage for him….. but would rather just get the bit I need and he can have my apex’s when I get around to getting some new ones 😂

Let me know if you did please cheers lee
Twice now in this thread I've offered to make them, but both times it's petered out with not having the measurements (or an original unserviceable one to measure from). If I can get the measurements, or hands on one that's not in useable shape (but still measurable) I would love to get to a working solution on them.

Best,

James

Twice now in this thread I've offered to make them, but both times it's petered out with not having the measurements (or an original unserviceable one to measure from). If I can get the measurements, or hands on one that's not in useable shape (but still measurable) I would love to get to a working solution on them.

Best,

James
If you Dm me your address and I’ll get my lads one posted to you as the calipers I have are cheap and nasty so will make more sense to send you it.

Cheers lee

An update for any following this thread, Lee has sent a bad proton cover too me.... when it arrives I'll pull the measurements I need and hopefully we'll have a good part made soon-ish. Once that's done, I'll probably post up the design for any who need to print one.

@clou001 please check your DMs, I managed to get the last yellow one, they are now too NLA along with black. Another member is standing behind you. Cheers.

Update.... Functional replacement has been made for the flex portion (reusing the aluminum outer ring). ABS outer rings are testing now. I hope to have parts sent to my 2 guinea pigs, I mean beta-testers, in the next few days.

Attachments

• IMG_20220916_203037790_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220916_203037790_HDR.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_20220916_203127832_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220916_203127832_HDR.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_20220916_203001637_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220916_203001637_HDR.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 53
After a delay (because real life gets in the way of hobbies), I think this is sorted. Tomorrow or Tuesday I hope to send them out to a Beta-tester, but dry fit and function checks are good to go:
IMG_20220925_174750314.jpg

Yellow one is using a factory bezel ring, the other two are printed ABS bezels. Due to the print orientation and the joys of printing TPU with supports, the inside of the purge covers look crappy (support remains), but are functional and the the outer surface looks reasonable.

Respectfully,

James

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom