Mares Proton and the bubbles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jtheale

Reaction score
I was reading some comments posted on the Proton on the boards and it indicated that occassionally some people have reported bubbles may be a problem with this regulator. Should I purchase this reg and I find that bubbles are a problem, is there an aftermarket product that you can add/replace on the reg to overcome this situation.

bubbles from where?? if your talking about exhale bubbles, they make a nice molded exit on the proton ice.(i've never had a bubble in my face with mine) i'm not sure if it's available for the proton. Is that what you meant??

Yes, exhale bubbles. I was thinking about getting the Proton Metal with the V16 first stage. The Proton Metal and Ice are essentially the same yes??? So if the ICE has a nice molded exit then is it safe to say the Metal will be the same? Thanks for the reply!!

jtheale:
Yes, exhale bubbles. I was thinking about getting the Proton Metal with the V16 first stage. The Proton Metal and Ice are essentially the same yes??? So if the ICE has a nice molded exit then is it safe to say the Metal will be the same? Thanks for the reply!!

Yes they do have the same molded exit. I have the ICE and I love the way the bubbles are exhaled. Great for picture taking!

The real thing you will probably learn about bubbles... is they go up. The only time they ever really get in your face is if you are straight upright in the water. When in a diving position - they escape up and closer to your ears than your eyes. And the proton ice exhaust is not exactly the same as the proton metal.... it's blue! :wink: but I don't think the color affects the bubbles much.

The real difference between the two regs is the ice has the V32 instead of the V16 first stage.

Larry's right. I dive the regular Proton, and as long as you're horizontal, the bubbles are no problem, even with the compact exhaust tee.

Back
Top Bottom