Mares Prestige 32 NTT and nitrox

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

projekts

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
ok guys, this might sound silly, but i own a mares prestige 32 ntt, and had been really happy with its performance.
however, i am thinking of taking up nitrox recently, and read from the website that this setup does not support nitrox
does that mean i have to get a new set of reg if i want to do nitrox, or is there something i can do to convert it to allow me to use nitrox?
thanks in advanced for any kind answer

this reg is fine for nitrox up to 40% europe has special fittings for nitrox. so it depends where you are.

Thanks c5diver for your reply,
ok, now i am confused :confused:
The Mares website website showed this:
Nitrox: No
That means cannot be used for nitrox at all? or it still can support up to 40% nitrox?
I got my setup (MR32 first stage and Prestige 32NTT second stage) when i was in USA, so i would assume it is an "American" set?
So how can i go about to verify about that, since Mares website does not has any contact detail.
Thanks again...

If you live in Europe and ask Mares in Europe they will say no nitrox. They have to in order to follow the regulations. If you look at the same first stage in a US web page you will probably see that it says nitrox up to 40 is ok.

And then the big question is; are there any differences between the first stage they sell in Europe and the one sold in US?

I used my MR42T and Proton 42 reg with nitrox when diving in Asia. Both stages are bought in Europe.

You can use any reasonably clean regulator with EAN up to 40%, various manufacturers say different things, some for liability reasons, some to sell you something else, but that fact stands, any regulator is fine up to 40%.

If you go by the mares web site info there is not one reg on there that can be used with nitrox. but as mentioned 40% it will be fine. the 2 nitrox regs they do sell the abyss nitrox and rover nitrox are safe to 100% o2 out of the box and are oxygen green purge covered

ok, now i get it
thanks for the info, guys...
really appreciate that...

it all has to do with the eurpean standard..so where are you?. its crazy but, that reg is fine for the avg rec. nitrox use up to 40% so enjoy

Thanks for all the info... i am currently in South East Asia... will be doing my nitrox course either in Lombok or Pulau Redang next week.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom