Mares power inflator - replacement o-ring specs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DarkCoffee

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have a power inflator off of a V 1000 BCD that is leaking from the inflate button.

I've pulled the unit apart and it's leaking air between the insert that holds the sch. valve and the inflator housing that the insert fits into. There are two o-rings on this insert and the top one (about 2.5mm diam) is the one that does not appear to be sealing correctly.

I pulled this one and purchased another from an o-ring supplier (based on measuring the original) and the new one has the same issue: small air leak due to poor seal.

I'm fairly certain its not a damaged insert or housing as I tried a thicker o-ring that had to be stretched significantly to 'make fit'. This resulted in a nice, snug fit and the leaking stopped (tested in a bucket, then a pool). I'm not too comfortable with using the over stretched o-ring, however, and would like to get the correct o-ring, if possible.

Would anyone know the spec size for this pair of o-rings on the chance that the originals are not in spec?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom